Cavco is a top-tier manufactured home manufacturer that has gained considerable popularity in recent years. It offers a wide range of housing options, ranging from single-wide homes to multi-sectioned modular homes. But what makes Cavco stand out from other manufacturers? How does it measure up in terms of quality, affordability, and customization options? These are some of the questions that we seek to answer in this article.
For many people, buying a manufactured home is a significant investment that requires careful consideration. It’s a decision that can affect your way of life for years to come, which is why you want to make sure you’re getting a home that’s worth the money. Cavco has earned a reputation for producing high-quality homes that are built to last. They use top-notch materials and work with skilled craftsmen to ensure that each home meets their rigorous standards.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Cavco’s manufacturing process, the materials they use, and the features that make their homes stand out from others on the market. We’ll also examine customer satisfaction ratings and reviews to see what real homeowners have to say about their Cavco homes. By the end of this article, you’ll have a better idea of whether Cavco is a good manufactured home option for you.
What is Cavco?
Cavco Industries is a leading builder of manufactured homes, park model RVs, and cabins in the United States. It was founded in 1965 and is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, with manufacturing facilities across the country. Cavco has a reputation for building quality homes and has won numerous industry awards for its products and innovative designs.
At its core, a Cavco home is a prefabricated home that is built offsite in a factory and transported to a homeowner’s lot for assembly. The term “manufactured home” refers to homes built to the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) code, which sets standards for construction, safety, and quality. Cavco also builds park model RVs, which are small portable homes designed for recreational use and are not subject to the same code restrictions as manufactured homes.
Cavco offers a wide range of home styles, designs, and floor plans, from traditional to modern, with customizable options to suit any taste or budget. Many of their homes feature energy-efficient and eco-friendly features such as solar panels, Energy Star-certified appliances, and low-VOC materials.
History of Cavco Industries
Cavco Industries is a leading manufacturer of manufactured homes in the United States. Founded in 1965 by Harold Gene Anderson, the company has a rich history of growth and innovation in the mobile home industry.
- 1965: Cavco Industries is founded in Phoenix, Arizona by Harold Gene Anderson.
- 1980s: Cavco expands its operations to Texas and New Mexico.
- 1990s: The company introduces new manufacturing technology, including computer-aided design and automated cutting systems.
- 2000s: Cavco acquires Fleetwood Homes and Palm Harbor Homes, becoming one of the largest manufactured home builders in the nation.
- 2010s: The company launches a line of green homes and expands its presence in the modular home market.
Today, Cavco Industries has manufacturing facilities in Arizona, Texas, and Oregon, and offers a wide range of manufactured and modular homes in various styles and price ranges. The company is committed to using energy-efficient materials and technologies in its homes, and is known for its high-quality construction and customer service.
In addition to building homes, Cavco is involved in various charitable and community initiatives, including supporting local schools, disaster relief efforts, and affordable housing programs.
|1965||Cavco Industries founded by Harold Gene Anderson in Phoenix, Arizona|
|1996||Cavco goes public with an IPO on the NASDAQ stock exchange|
|2003||Cavco acquires Fleetwood Homes|
|2007||Cavco acquires Palm Harbor Homes|
|2013||Cavco introduces new green homes line|
Overall, Cavco Industries has a long and impressive history in the manufactured home industry, and continues to be a prominent player in the market today.
Types of Cavco Manufactured Homes
With over 50 years of experience in the manufactured housing industry, Cavco is one of the most trusted names in the business. They offer a wide variety of homes that cater to different lifestyles and budgets. Here are some of the most popular types of Cavco manufactured homes:
- Single-Wide Homes – These homes are an excellent option for first-time homebuyers or those who want an affordable living space. They typically range in size from 500 to 1,200 square feet and come with one to three bedrooms.
- Double-Wide Homes – These homes offer more space than single-wide homes, making them ideal for families or anyone who wants more room. They typically range in size from 1,000 to 2,400 square feet and come with two to four bedrooms.
- Park Models – These homes are designed for those who want a small, affordable second home or vacation home. They are typically smaller than single-wide homes, ranging in size from 400 to 1,000 square feet.
Cavco offers a variety of customizable options to make your manufactured home truly your own. From the exterior finish to the interior décor, you can choose from a wide range of options to fit your personal style and budget. Some of the customizable options include:
- Exterior finish – Choose from a variety of finishes including vinyl, wood, and stucco.
- Flooring – Choose from a variety of flooring options, including carpet, tile, and vinyl plank.
- Kitchen and bath fixtures – Choose from a variety of fixtures to fit your style and budget.
Cavco is committed to providing high-quality homes that are built to last. They use only the highest quality materials and construction techniques to ensure that your home is both beautiful and durable. Some of the features that set Cavco homes apart include:
|2×6 Exterior Walls||Provides excellent insulation and makes the home more energy-efficient.|
|30-Year Shingle Roof||High-quality roofing that provides long-lasting protection and durability.|
|Vinyl Dual Pane Windows||Energy-efficient windows that help keep the home at a comfortable temperature and reduce energy costs.|
Overall, Cavco is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality manufactured home that is both affordable and customizable. With a wide range of options to choose from, you’re sure to find a home that fits your lifestyle and budget.
Features of a Cavco Home
Cavco Industries is a leading manufacturer of manufactured homes that are known for their quality, durability, and affordability. The following are some of the features of a Cavco home:
- Customizable Floor Plans: Cavco homes offer a wide range of floor plans that are customizable to meet your specific needs and preferences. You can choose from a variety of sizes, designs, and features to create a home that meets your unique lifestyle.
- Energy-Efficient Features: Cavco homes are designed to be energy-efficient, which means that you can save money on your monthly utility bills. They come equipped with features such as high-quality insulation, low-emissivity windows, and energy-efficient heating and cooling systems.
- High-Quality Materials: Cavco homes are built using only the highest quality materials, which ensures that they will stand up to the test of time. From the roofing materials to the siding and everything in between, Cavco homes are built to last.
In addition to these features, Cavco homes also come equipped with a range of other features and amenities. For example, you can choose to add features such as a fireplace, upgraded appliances, or a built-in entertainment center. Cavco homes also offer a range of exterior options, such as a porch or deck, to help you make the most of your outdoor space.
Cavco homes are manufactured using a state-of-the-art manufacturing process that ensures consistent quality and durability. The process begins with the construction of the home’s floor, which is built using high-quality wood and insulation. Next, the walls and roof are constructed using advanced framing techniques and high-quality materials.
The interior and exterior finishes are then installed, including drywall, flooring, cabinets, and fixtures. Once the home is complete, it undergoes a thorough inspection to ensure that it meets the highest standards of quality and safety.
Cavco homes come with a comprehensive warranty that covers a range of defects and issues that may arise. This warranty includes coverage for defects in materials and workmanship, as well as issues with plumbing, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, and more. The warranty also includes a structural warranty that ensures that the home’s structure will remain sound for a specified period of time.
|Structural Warranty||10 Years|
|Defects in Materials and Workmanship||1 Year|
|Plumbing, Electrical, Heating and Cooling Systems||2 Years|
Overall, Cavco homes are a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality, affordable, and customizable manufactured home. Whether you’re looking for your first home, a vacation home, or a retirement home, Cavco offers a range of options to meet your needs.
Comparing Cavco homes to other manufactured homes
As one of the leading manufactured home builders in the US, Cavco has made a name for itself by producing high-quality and affordable homes that cater to different lifestyles and needs. But, how does Cavco compare to other manufactured home builders? Here, we explore some of the key differences.
- Design: One of the standout features of Cavco homes is their customizable design. Unlike other manufacturers that have a fixed set of floor plans, Cavco homes can be modified to meet specific requirements. This means that homeowners can work with designers to create a home that fits their unique style and preferences.
- Materials: The quality of materials used in a manufactured home is crucial to its long-term durability and performance. Cavco homes are known for their sturdy construction, thanks to the use of high-quality building materials such as lumber, insulation, and roofing systems. This is in contrast to some other manufacturers that use cheaper materials to cut costs.
- Price: Another area where Cavco stands out is in affordability. While other manufactured homes may cost significantly more, Cavco delivers superior quality at a lower cost. This makes it a popular choice for first-time homebuyers and those looking for a budget-friendly option.
Despite these differences, it’s important to note that not all manufactured homes are created equal. When comparing Cavco to other builders, it’s crucial to look at the details and assess what matters most to you and your family.
Here’s a quick comparison table to summarize some of the key differences:
|Category||Cavco Homes||Other Builders|
|Design||Customizable||Fixed floor plans|
|Price||Affordable||Some may cost significantly more|
Ultimately, the decision to purchase a Cavco home versus an option from another builder will depend on your individual needs and priorities. However, with the superior design, quality materials, and affordability offered by Cavco homes, it’s hard to go wrong with this trusted manufacturer.
Advantages of owning a Cavco home
When it comes to manufactured homes, Cavco is a well-known and respected brand. There are several reasons why owning a Cavco home comes with a variety of advantages:
- Customization options: One of the biggest advantages of owning a Cavco home is the wide range of customization options available. From choosing the floor plan to selecting the finishes, Cavco offers a lot of flexibility in tailoring each home to meet the specific needs and preferences of the homeowner.
- Affordability: Compared to traditional stick-built homes, manufactured homes typically cost less. And owning a Cavco home can be an even more affordable option, without having to compromise on quality or design.
- Quality construction: Cavco has been in business for over 50 years and has built its reputation on the quality of its construction. Each home is built with high-quality materials and undergoes strict inspection processes to ensure that it meets or exceeds industry standards.
But these advantages aren’t just theoretical – Cavco homeowners report several real-world benefits:
Energy efficiency: Cavco homes are designed to minimize energy waste through better insulation, efficient appliances, and other energy-saving features. This not only helps to keep utility bills low but also helps to reduce the home’s carbon footprint.
Weather-resistant: Weather is a major factor to consider with any home, but especially with manufactured homes. Cavco homes are built to withstand a range of weather conditions, from extreme heat to heavy wind and snow.
Home warranty: Finally, Cavco offers a comprehensive home warranty with all of its homes. This gives homeowners peace of mind by knowing that they are covered in the event of any issues that arise with the home.
|Advantages of Owning A Cavco Home||Benefits|
|Customization options||Personalization that meets the homeowner’s needs|
|Affordability||Cost less compared to traditional stick-built homes without sacrificing quality|
|Quality construction||Built with high-quality materials and undergo stringent inspection processes to ensure industry standards met or exceeded|
|Energy efficiency||Desinged to minimize energy wastage through advanced insulation, efficient appliances, and other energy-saving features|
|Weather-resistant||Built to withstand a range of weather conditions from extreme heat to heavy wind and snow|
|Home warranty||Comprehensive home warranty with all homes offers peace of mind knowing that the homeowner is covered in the event of any issues that arise|
Overall, owning a Cavco home offers several advantages that make it a great investment for anyone looking to buy a new home. From customization options to energy efficiency, a Cavco home can provide comfort, value, and peace of mind for years to come.
Disadvantages of owning a Cavco home
If you are considering buying a manufactured home, Cavco is a popular brand with a diverse range of floor plans to suit different lifestyles and budgets. However, like any other investment, there are potential disadvantages to owning a Cavco home that you should be aware of before making a purchase decision.
- Little Customization: Manufactured homes are typically built in a factory, which limits the level of customization you can have. Even though Cavco offers a wide variety of designs, you may still not find exactly what you are looking for.
- Depreciation: Just like cars, manufactured homes depreciate in value over time. This can make it challenging to sell your home at or above the original purchase price if you decide to move.
- Resale Value: In some areas, manufactured homes may be perceived as lower-quality housing than site-built homes. This can impact the resale value of your Cavco home, particularly if you are competing with site-built homes in your area.
It is also important to consider some other potential disadvantages of owning a Cavco home, including:
- Building Codes: Manufactured homes must meet different building standards than site-built homes. While Cavco homes meet strict state and federal codes, you may still face building code challenges when it comes to accessing financing or placing the home on your property.
- Limited Financing Options: Compared to site-built homes, financing options for manufactured homes can be restricted, and interest rates can be much higher.
- Shorter Lifespan: Manufactured homes typically have a shorter lifespan than site-built homes and may require more frequent maintenance.
Finally, you may also want to take a closer look at the customer service and warranty options available from Cavco before you make a purchase decision. While many customers have had positive experiences with the company, others have reported challenges with getting repair work completed in a timely manner or addressing warranty issues.
|Little customization||Consider working with a designer or architect to modify the floor plan to fit your needs.|
|Depreciation and Resale Value||Research the resale value of Cavco homes in your area, and be prepared for the potential for lower resale values.|
|Building Codes and Financing Options||Work with your local zoning office and lender to ensure that you can meet all regulations.|
|Shorter Lifespan||Be sure to keep up with routine maintenance and repairs as needed.|
|Customer Service and Warranty Issues||Research customer reviews and ask for references from other homeowners before making a purchase decision.|
Being aware of these potential disadvantages can help you make a more informed decision when it comes to buying a Cavco home. Ultimately, it is important to carefully consider your needs, budget, and priorities to determine whether a manufactured home is the right choice for you.
Customer reviews of Cavco homes
When it comes to purchasing a manufactured home, customer reviews can play a crucial role in guiding your decision. With Cavco homes, the reviews seem to be mostly positive, with homeowners praising the company for their quality construction, customer service, and overall experience. Let’s take a deeper look at what customers have to say about their Cavco homes:
- Many customers have mentioned the superior quality of their Cavco homes, praising the sturdy, well-built construction and attention to detail in everything from the flooring to the finishing touches. One customer wrote, “The quality of the home is fantastic. Everything was solid and looked great.”
- Several homeowners have also highlighted the exceptional customer service provided by Cavco. From the initial planning stages to the final walkthrough, many customers have reported feeling fully supported and cared for by the Cavco team. “Everyone from the sales department to the construction crews were excellent,” said one customer.
- Another common theme in Cavco customer reviews is a sense of pride in their new home. Many have noted that their Cavco home feels like a custom-built house, personalized to their specific needs and preferences. As one customer put it: “Our home was custom-built exactly how we wanted it. It feels like a high-quality, traditional stick-built home.”
Overall, it seems that Cavco homes are a great choice for those in the market for a manufactured home. With a focus on quality construction, exceptional customer service, and a personalized approach to each home, it’s no wonder that many customers have reported positive experiences with Cavco.
Below is a table highlighting some specific reviews from Cavco homeowners:
|“The quality of the workmanship is far superior to other manufactured homes we have seen.”||U.S. News & World Report|
|“The Cavco staff was supportive and helpful throughout the entire process. We felt like they went above and beyond to make us happy.”||BBB|
|“Our Cavco home is everything we wanted and more. It is well-made, beautiful, and we feel so proud to call it our own.”||Houzz|
If you’re considering a Cavco home for yourself, be sure to read customer reviews and do your own research to ensure it’s the right choice for your needs. But based on feedback from satisfied customers, it’s clear that Cavco is a good option for those seeking a quality manufactured home.
How to Buy a Cavco Home
Are you considering purchasing a Cavco manufactured home? Here is a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the buying process:
- Determine your budget: Before you start shopping, it’s important to establish how much you can afford to spend on a manufactured home. Consider your monthly income, expenses, and any financing options that may be available.
- Choose a model: Cavco offers a variety of home models to choose from, ranging in size, style, and features. You can browse their selection online, visit a model home center, or work with a Cavco retailer to find the right fit for you.
- Customize your home: Once you have selected a model, you can work with Cavco to customize your home to your liking. This may include selecting flooring, cabinets, paint colors, and other finishes.
After you have chosen your dream home, the following steps take place:
- Secure financing: If you are not paying cash for your manufactured home, you will need to secure financing. Cavco offers financing options through approved lenders, or you can work with your own bank or credit union to obtain a loan.
- Place your order: After financing is secured, you can place your order for your custom Cavco home. This typically requires a deposit to reserve your home and ensure production.
- Site preparation: While your Cavco home is being built, you will need to prepare your site for installation. This may include clearing the land, grading the site, and laying a foundation.
- Delivery and installation: Once your home is completed, Cavco will deliver it to your site and install it according to local building codes. This process typically takes a few days to complete.
- Setup and inspections: After installation, you will need to connect utilities, set up your home, and schedule any necessary inspections to ensure it meets all local and state regulations.
Buying a Cavco manufactured home involves several important steps to ensure a smooth and successful process. By establishing your budget, selecting a model, customizing your home, securing financing, and properly preparing your site and home for installation, you can enjoy the benefits of owning a beautiful and affordable Cavco home.
|Customizable home designs||May require additional costs for upgrades and customizations|
|Variety of model options to choose from||May not be ideal for buyers with less flexible budgets|
|Eco-friendly options available||May be subject to zoning, deed, and land restrictions|
Overall, a Cavco manufactured home can be a great investment for homeowners looking for a high-quality and customizable living option. By following the above steps and considering both the pros and cons, you can make the best decision for your budget and lifestyle.
Customization options for Cavco homes
One of the advantages of choosing a manufactured home is the ability to customize it to your liking. Cavco Homes is a leading manufacturer of high-quality, customizable manufactured homes. Here are 10 customization options to consider for your Cavco home:
- Floor Plans – Cavco offers a variety of floor plans to choose from, from single wide homes to multi-section homes with up to five bedrooms.
- Exterior Features – Customize the exterior of your home with options such as siding, roofing, and windows.
- Interior Features – Choose from a variety of interior features, including flooring, cabinets, and lighting.
- Appliances – Upgrade your home with energy-efficient appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, and dishwashers.
- Bathrooms – Customize your bathroom with options such as sinks, toilets, showers, and tubs.
- Kitchen – Choose from a variety of kitchen layouts and customize it with options such as countertops, islands, and appliances.
- Fireplaces – Add a cozy touch to your home with a fireplace upgrade.
- Closets – Customize your closet space with options such as built-in shelving and shoe racks.
- Smart Home Technology – Upgrade your home with smart home features such as remote thermostats and security systems.
- Furniture – Cavco also offers a selection of furniture packages to help you complete the look of your home.
With so many customization options available, it’s easy to see why Cavco Homes is a popular choice for those looking for a new manufactured home. Whether you’re looking for a cozy single wide or a spacious multi-section home, Cavco can help you create the home of your dreams.
|Smart Home Technology||Increased home security and energy efficiency|
|Bathroom Upgrades||Increased comfort and functionality|
|Kitchen Upgrades||Customizable layout and modern appliances|
|Exterior Features||Personalized curb appeal and protection from the elements|
|Interior Features||Customizable flooring, cabinets, and lighting|
|Appliances||Energy-efficient upgrades for long-term savings|
|Closet Upgrades||Built-in shelving and organization options for optimal storage|
|Fireplaces||Cozy, homey addition to your living space|
|Furniture Packages||Convenient and stylish way to furnish your home|
With all of these customization options available, you can truly make your Cavco home your own.
Is Cavco a Good Manufactured Home? FAQs
1. What is Cavco?
Cavco is a company that specializes in building manufactured homes. Their homes are known for being affordable and high-quality.
2. Are Cavco homes well-built?
Yes, Cavco homes are well-built and are constructed to meet or exceed industry standards. They are also built with high-quality materials and are designed to be energy efficient.
3. Are Cavco homes affordable?
Yes, Cavco homes are known for being affordable. They offer a range of homes at different price points to fit different budgets.
4. Does Cavco offer customization options?
Yes, Cavco offers a range of customization options for their homes. Buyers can choose from different floor plans, finishes, and other design elements to create the home that best suits their needs.
5. Are Cavco homes durable?
Yes, Cavco homes are built to be durable and long-lasting. They undergo rigorous testing and inspections to ensure their quality and durability.
6. Is Cavco a reputable company?
Yes, Cavco is a reputable company with a long history of building high-quality homes. They have won numerous awards and have a large, satisfied customer base.
7. Is Cavco a good choice for a manufactured home?
Yes, Cavco is a good choice for a manufactured home. They offer high-quality, affordable homes that are customizable and built to last.
Closing Remarks: Thanks for Reading!
We hope this article has helped answer some of your questions about Cavco and whether or not it’s a good choice for a manufactured home. Cavco is a reputable company that offers affordable, customizable, and durable homes. We encourage you to visit their website or contact a local dealer for more information. Thanks for reading and please visit us again soon for more informative articles!