It’s no secret that when it comes to manufactured homes in the United States, Champion Homes is one of the most trusted names in the business. But have you ever wondered where these homes are actually made? Well, wonder no more, because we’re going to dive into all the nitty gritty details of where Champion Homes are manufactured.
From coast to coast, Champion Homes has manufacturing facilities located all across the country. In fact, they currently have 28 home-building facilities located in key areas throughout the United States. From California to Virginia, these facilities are strategically located to ensure that Champion Home customers receive the highest quality homes made with the best materials the industry has to offer.
Champion Homes offers a wide range of manufactured homes, including their popular single-wide, double-wide, and triple-wide options. And with their vast network of manufacturing plants, they’re able to offer a diverse range of floor plans and customization options that fit the unique needs of any home buyer. So, whether you’re in the market for a tiny home, a cozy starter home, or a spacious family home, rest assured that Champion Homes has a manufacturing facility that’s crafting the perfect home for you.
Champion Homes Manufacturing Facilities
Champion Homes is one of the largest modular and manufactured home builders in the United States. The company operates in multiple locations to meet the needs of customers in different areas. Here is an overview of Champion Homes’ manufacturing facilities.
- Athens, Texas: This is one of Champion Homes’ largest facilities, covering over 110 acres. The facility has six production lines and produces both modular and manufactured homes.
- Lindsay, California: This facility specializes in manufactured homes and covers over 195,000 square feet. The facility has an on-site design center and produces homes for the Western United States.
- Leesville, Louisiana: This facility produces both modular and manufactured homes and covers over 100 acres. The facility has modern equipment and technology to ensure high-quality homes.
- Dresden, Tennessee: This facility produces both modular and manufactured homes and covers over 52 acres. The facility has state-of-the-art equipment and a large production capacity.
- Chandler, Arizona: This is Champion Homes’ newest facility, which opened in 2019. The facility covers over 100 acres and produces both modular and manufactured homes for the Western United States.
Overall, Champion Homes’ manufacturing facilities are equipped with modern technology and equipment to produce high-quality homes. The company has a large production capacity and can meet the needs of customers in different areas of the United States.
History of Champion Homes
Champion Homes, one of the largest modular home manufacturers in the United States, has a rich history that dates back to 1953 when the company was founded in Michigan by Robert and Geneva Sheppard. The then-small company started by selling mobile homes and eventually moved into manufacturing them in the 1960s. In the 1970s, Champion Homes grew its business rapidly, with annual sales of over $100 million by the end of the decade.
Throughout the years, Champion Homes has gone through a number of mergers and acquisitions, including one with Gulfstream Aerospace in the 1990s. In 2010, the company was purchased by private investment firm Centerbridge Partners, L.P. and has since become part of the Skyline Champion Corporation, a merger between Champion Home Builders and Skyline Corporation.
- Chandler, Arizona
- Leesville, Louisiana
- Athens, Texas
- Dresden, Tennessee
- Lumberton, Mississippi
- Strattanville, Pennsylvania
- Weiser, Idaho
- York, Nebraska
Design and Construction
Champion Homes takes great pride in being a leader in the design and construction of modular homes. The company offers a wide variety of floor plans and styles to choose from, including single wide and double wide homes, park model RVs, and multi-section manufactured homes.
Modular homes produced by Champion Homes are built in a factory setting and then transported to the final location, where they are assembled on a foundation. This construction process allows for greater efficiency, quality control, and consistency in the final product. The homes are also built in compliance with state and federal building codes, ensuring they meet the highest safety and quality standards.
Green Building Practices
Champion Homes is committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly building practices. The company uses Energy Star rated appliances and windows, insulated doors, and programmable thermostats to reduce energy consumption and lower utility bills for homeowners.
|Green Building Features||Description|
|Solar-ready||Modular homes can be equipped with optional solar panels for clean, renewable energy.|
|Low-VOC materials||The use of low-VOC (volatile organic compound) materials reduces air pollution and improves indoor air quality.|
|ENERGY STAR® certified||Champion Homes has partnered with ENERGY STAR to promote energy-efficient homes.|
By incorporating sustainable and energy-efficient features into their homes, Champion Homes is helping to protect the environment and reduce the carbon footprint of homeowners while also saving them money on utility costs in the process.
Champion Homes Floor Plans
When it comes to purchasing a new home, the floor plan is often one of the most important aspects to consider. A well-designed floor plan can make all the difference in how comfortable and functional a home feels. Champion Homes offers a variety of floor plans to choose from, each designed to meet the needs of different families and lifestyles.
- Single Wide Floor Plans: Champion Homes’ single wide floor plans range in size from 600 to 1,300 square feet, with two to three bedrooms and one to two bathrooms. These homes are perfect for couples, small families, or individuals looking for an affordable housing option.
- Multi-Section Floor Plans: If you’re looking for a larger home, Champion Homes’ multi-section floor plans offer up to four bedrooms and three bathrooms, with sizes ranging from 1,200 to 2,300 square feet. These homes are ideal for families or those who require more space.
- Modular Home Floor Plans: For those looking for a custom-built home, Champion Homes’ modular home floor plans offer a wide variety of options to choose from. With sizes ranging from 1,200 to 2,700 square feet, these homes can be customized to fit any family’s needs.
Champion Homes also offers a variety of features and options that can be added to their floor plans to make them even more personalized. From upgraded kitchen appliances to a fireplace in the living room, there are endless possibilities to choose from.
Additionally, Champion Homes uses state-of-the-art technology and materials to ensure that their homes are built to last. Each home is constructed in a climate-controlled facility, which allows for greater precision and efficiency. The materials used in the construction process are both durable and environmentally-friendly.
|Floor Plan Type||Number of Bedrooms||Number of Bathrooms||Square Footage|
Overall, Champion Homes offers a wide variety of floor plans to choose from, with options to suit any family’s needs and lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a small, affordable home or a custom-built masterpiece, Champion Homes has you covered.
Champion Homes Pricing
Champion Homes is a renowned manufacturer of modular and manufactured homes that caters to different budget levels. Their pricing varies depending on a variety of factors such as the type of home, customization options, location, and retailer mark-ups. Here are some of the things to note about their pricing structure:
- Champion Homes offers different levels of homes, each with varying prices. Their homes are categorized into Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Steel Series.
- The Platinum Series is their most expensive line, featuring high-quality materials, appliances, and finishes. The price range for their Platinum Series homes starts at $250,000 and above.
- The Gold Series, on the other hand, features mid-range homes with prices ranging from $80,000 to $150,000. These homes are designed to be affordable yet elegant.
- The Silver Series is their cheapest line of homes, with prices ranging from $50,000 to $80,000. These homes are ideal for people on a tight budget who want to own a decent home.
- Their Steel Series is a unique line of modular homes that features steel frames instead of wood. These homes are designed to be energy-efficient and durable. The price range for their Steel Series homes starts at $80,000 and above.
It’s important to note that these prices are just estimates, and the final cost of a Champion Home depends on several factors unique to each buyer.
To get an accurate estimate, buyers should consider the customization options available, the location of the home, and additional costs such as assembly, transportation, and foundation. Many retailers offer financing options, making it easier for buyers to purchase their dream home.
|Series||Starting Price Range|
|Platinum||$250,000 and above|
|Gold||$80,000 – $150,000|
|Silver||$50,000 – $80,000|
|Steel||$80,000 and above|
Overall, Champion Homes’ pricing structure offers a wide range of options for buyers looking to purchase a manufactured or modular home. With customization options, financing options, and various price points, Champion Homes has something to offer every budget level.
Champion Homes Warranty
If you are considering buying a Champion home, one thing to consider is the warranty that comes with it. Champion Homes has a reputation for quality construction, but even the best homes can have issues from time to time. Here’s what you need to know about Champion Homes’ warranty:
- Champion Homes offers a 1-year warranty on their homes. This covers defects in materials and workmanship.
- The warranty covers repairs or replacements of any defective items.
- Champion Homes also offers a 10-year structural warranty. This covers any defects in the load-bearing parts of the home, such as the roof, walls, and foundation.
While this warranty is fairly standard for the industry, it’s still important to read the fine print and understand what is and isn’t covered. For example, the warranty typically doesn’t cover damage caused by natural disasters, accidents, or neglect.
It’s also worth noting that some aspects of the home may be covered by separate warranties. For example, appliances, heating and cooling systems, and roofing materials may each have their own warranty from the manufacturer.
|What’s Covered||What’s Not Covered|
|Defects in materials or workmanship||Damage caused by natural disasters, accidents, or neglect|
|Repairs or replacements of defective items||Improper installation or maintenance|
|10-year structural warranty|
If you do have issues with your Champion home, it’s important to contact the company as soon as possible. The warranty typically requires that any defects are reported within a certain timeframe to be eligible for coverage.
Overall, a good warranty can provide peace of mind when buying a manufactured home. Champion Homes’ warranty is fairly standard for the industry, but it’s still important to read the fine print and understand what is and isn’t covered.
Champion Homes Customer Reviews
If you are considering purchasing a Champion Home, it’s important to do your research and read reviews from other customers. Here are some insights and experiences shared by Champion Homes customers:
- Quality of Homes: Several reviewers have praised the quality of Champion Homes, citing features like durable construction, energy-efficient designs, and stylish interiors. Many have also complimented the customization options available, allowing them to create a home that meets their unique needs and preferences.
- Custormer Service: Some Champion Homes customers have expressed frustration with the company’s customer service, citing long wait times and unresponsive representatives. However, others have praised their helpfulness and willingness to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Delivery and Installation: Many customers have had positive experiences with the delivery and installation of their Champion Homes. Some have noted that the set-up process was quick and efficient, with no major issues or delays. However, others have reported problems with the delivery team, including damaged or missing items.
Champion Homes Models
Champion Homes offers a wide variety of models to choose from, each with its own unique features and design elements. Some of the most popular models include:
- The Radiant – This model features an open-concept layout, perfect for entertaining guests. It also includes a spacious master suite and a covered porch with plenty of outdoor space.
- The Blue Ridge – Designed with families in mind, the Blue Ridge offers ample living space and several bedrooms and bathrooms. It also includes a large kitchen with modern appliances and a cozy fireplace in the living room.
- The Parkridge – This model is perfect for those looking to downsize or find a vacation home. It includes a single bedroom and bathroom, along with an open living room and kitchen area. The Parkridge also features a wrap-around porch for enjoying the outdoors.
Champion Homes Manufacturing Locations
Champion Homes has several manufacturing locations across the United States, allowing them to produce homes that meet the needs of customers in different regions. Some of their manufacturing facilities include:
|Athens, Texas||180 Highway 31 East, Athens, TX 75752|
|Lumberton, North Carolina||1495 US Highway 74 East, Lumberton, NC 28358|
|510 East 1st Street, Weiser, ID 83672|
|Financing Option||Down Payment||Interest Rate||Loan Term||Available to:|
|FHA Loan||3.5%||3.25%||30 Years||First-time homebuyers, low-to-moderate income borrowers|
|VA Loan||0%||3.25%||30 Years||Active duty military, veterans, some surviving spouses|
|USDA Loan||0%||3.25%||30 Years||Borrowers in rural areas with low-to-moderate income|
|Conventional Mortgage||10-20%||4.5%||30 Years||Borrowers with strong credit scores and stable income|
|Chattel Financing||10-20%||6%||15 Years||Borrowers looking specifically for manufactured home financing|
|Home Equity Loan||Depends on equity||4%||15-30 Years||Homeowners with existing equity in their homes|
|Personal Loan||N/A||8%||3-5 Years||Borrowers with good credit who are unable to secure traditional financing|
When it comes to financing your Champion Home, there are a variety of options to choose from. Do your research and work with a lender to determine the best option for your unique financial situation. With the right financing, you can make your dream of homeownership a reality.
Champion Homes Delivery and Installation Process
Champion Homes is a well-known manufactured home builder and has manufactured homes across many locations in the United States. Their homes are typically built in environmentally controlled factories in Texas, North Carolina, Indiana, and Oregon. The process is efficient and affordable, which is why many people choose to purchase Champion Homes.
- The first step of the Champion Homes delivery and installation process is to decide on the location and the type of home you want. You can visit a Champion Homes dealer near you or browse through their website to see the different models they offer.
- Once you have decided on the type of home, Champion Homes will start building it in their factory. The construction process involves building the various components of the house, including the walls, floors, and roofing. The factory construction process takes less time than traditional on-site building and allows for better quality control.
- After the construction process, the house is shipped to the intended location. The homes are usually transported on a flatbed truck, and depending on the size, it may take multiple trucks to transport a single home. The shipping process can take a few days to a few weeks, depending on the distance and logistics.
- Before the installation process, the foundation of the house must be prepared. A flat and level surface must be created, and the utilities must be connected. The utilities include water, gas, electricity, and sometimes even internet and cable connections.
- Once the foundation is ready, the installation of the house can begin. The installation process involves placing the house on top of the foundation and securing it to the ground. This process must be done carefully to ensure the home is level and secure.
- After the installation, the finishing touches can be made. This includes connecting the utilities to the home, installing the skirting around the base of the home, and making any necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Finally, the homeowner can move into their new Champion Home. The entire process from construction to move-in can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
- Champion Homes offers a warranty on all of their homes to ensure quality and customer satisfaction. The standard warranty covers the home for one year and can be extended for an additional fee.
Champion Homes Delivery and Installation Process
While the delivery and installation process of Champion Homes may seem daunting, it is actually a straightforward and efficient process. The factory construction allows for greater quality control and a shorter construction time, which translates to lower costs for the homeowner. With the warranty offered by Champion Homes, homeowners can have peace of mind knowing that any issues with the home will be taken care of.
Champion Homes Delivery and Installation Process
Champion Homes offers different models and customization options for those who want a unique and personalized home. They also have a network of dealers who can help homeowners throughout the entire process, from choosing the right home to installation and post-warranty support. By choosing Champion Homes, homeowners can have a brand new, quality home at an affordable price that can last for many years to come.
|Efficient process||May take some time to ship the home|
|Lower construction costs||May require additional site prep|
|Quality control in factory setting||May require additional repairs post-installation|
|Customizable options available||May have limited options depending on location|
|Warranty offered for peace of mind|
Overall, the Champion Homes delivery and installation process is a great option for those who want an affordable and efficient way to get a new home. With the right preparation and support, the process can be a smooth and stress-free experience for any homeowner.
Champion Homes Interior Design Options
One of the most exciting aspects of purchasing a new home is the ability to customize it to your preferences. Champion Homes offers a variety of interior design options, allowing you to create a space that truly feels like home. Here is a closer look at some of the design options available:
- Cabinetry: Choose from a range of cabinetry styles and finishes to suit your taste and budget. Whether you prefer modern or traditional, there is a option for you.
- Countertops: Countertops can make a big impact on the overall look and feel of a home. options from laminate to granite to quartz.
- Flooring: From hardwood to carpet to vinyl, flooring options are extensive. Choose the flooring type that best fits your style and needs.
Other customizable interior design options include:
- Light fixtures
- Paint colors and wall finishes
- Bathroom fixtures
If you’re not sure where to start, Champion Homes has a team of interior design experts available to assist you in making selections that bring your vision to life.
For an even more in-depth look at the interior design options available, take a look at this table:
|Cabinetry||Choose from a range of styles, finishes, and hardware options.|
|Countertops||Options from laminate to granite to quartz, with a range of colors and finishes available.|
|Flooring||Options include carpet, hardwood, linoleum, and more.|
|Light fixtures||From recessed lighting to chandeliers, there are a variety of options available for every room.|
|Appliances||Choose from a range of energy-efficient appliances that fit your needs and preferred style.|
|Paint colors and wall finishes||Pick the perfect paint color or wall finish for your space and style.|
|Bathroom fixtures||Options include sinks, faucets, showerheads, and more.|
As you can see, the interior design options with Champion Homes are extensive and can help you truly make your home your own. Explore the options available and get creative!
Champion Homes Exterior Design Options
Champion Homes is one of the leading manufacturers of modular, mobile, and manufactured homes in the United States. Its homes are known for their high-quality construction, innovative design, and customization options. One of the most attractive features of Champion Homes is its extensive range of exterior design options that allow homeowners to create the home of their dreams.
Here are 10 exterior design options that Champion Homes offers:
- 1. Siding: Homeowners can choose from a range of siding options, including vinyl, wood, and metal, to give their homes a unique look.
- 2. Roofing: Champion Homes offers a variety of roofing options, including asphalt, metal, and clay, to suit different styles and budgets.
- 3. Windows: Homeowners can select from a range of window styles, such as double-hung, casement, and bay, to add character to the home.
- 4. Doors: Champion Homes has a variety of door options, including traditional wood doors, glass doors, and sliding doors.
- 5. Porches and Decks: Homeowners can choose to add porches and decks to their homes to create an outdoor living space.
- 6. Exterior Colors: Champion Homes has a range of exterior color options to help homeowners create a personalized look.
- 7. Skirting: The choice of skirting can affect the appearance and function of a home, and Champion Homes offers different styles and materials for homeowners to choose from.
- 8. Awnings: Awnings are a great way to add shade and character to the home’s exterior, and Champion Homes offers a range of styles and colors.
- 9. Shutters: Shutters are a popular exterior design element, and Champion Homes offers a range of shutter styles and colors.
- 10. Trim and Molding: Adding trim and molding to the exterior of a home can give it a refined and elegant look, and Champion Homes has multiple options to choose from.
In summary, Champion Homes provides extensive exterior design options to enable homeowners to customize their homes’ aesthetics, making them unique and personal. Whether it be through the selection of different siding and roofing options, window styles and colors, or the addition of porches and decks, Champion Homes offers a plethora of choices to help homeowners create homes that reflect their style and personality.
Frequently Asked Questions about Where Champion Homes are Manufactured
1. Where are Champion Homes manufactured?
Champion Homes are manufactured in several different locations throughout the United States, including Texas, Indiana, California, Michigan, and Oregon.
2. Are all Champion Homes manufactured in the United States?
Yes, all Champion Homes are manufactured in the United States.
3. What types of homes does Champion Homes manufacture?
Champion Homes manufactures a wide variety of homes including single-wide and multi-section manufactured homes, modular homes, tiny homes, and park model RVs.
4. Are Champion Homes customizable?
Yes, Champion Homes offers a range of customization options to suit different preferences and needs. Homebuyers can choose from a variety of interior and exterior features.
5. Where can I find a Champion Homes manufacturing facility near me?
You can find a complete list of Champion Homes manufacturing facilities and retail locations on the company’s website.
6. Are Champion Homes built to a high standard of quality?
Yes, Champion Homes are built to a high standard of quality. The company uses advanced building techniques and materials to construct homes that are durable, energy-efficient, and safe.
7. Does Champion Homes offer financing options for homebuyers?
Yes, Champion Homes offers financing options for homebuyers through their retail partners and lending affiliates. Homebuyers can also explore other financing options through third-party lenders.
Thanks for Reading about Where Champion Homes are Manufactured!
We hope you found this article informative and helpful in learning more about where Champion Homes are manufactured. Remember to visit our website for more articles and resources on homebuying, customization, and financing. Thanks for reading and we hope to see you again soon!